So... this week I want to give you a snapshot of my new place. As you know, I had to move at the end of the semester, right before I left for Thailand. And though moving was a bit of work, I feel like it was a major improvement. I wasn't too settled in or attached to my old, drafty place. The other American teachers also had to move, however, were a lot more settled, and their new apartments have some 'spots' on the walls...but we're all adjusting well.
Here's a snapshot of the new apartment from the north-west side. Lot of teachers live in this neighboorhood, as I saw during this morning's commute (10 minute walk). You don't see many other people outside during other hours, except for elderly people getting their exercise or walking their dogs. My balcony window is the one on the top leftmost corner.
In my stairwell there's about 18 apartments. Besides my 3 teammates, there's also a family from Vietnam, some Korean students, an elderly Chinese couple, a family from Sudan and another man from Sudan. I haven't met everyone yet, and those I met I have a hard time with their names. (They have a hard time with mine, too, though). Oh and I almost forgot Mr. Wang, who's in charge of housing foreigners, and the two guards who take turns sitting in the apartment on the first floor.
Here's a photo I took today from the little park area to the west of the apartment building.
The park is nice. Sometimes couples go here to sit, as you can see ...
Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteWhere did that couple come from anyway?
HAHAHAHAAHA love the couples comment... your new place looks pretty flash! what about the inside?
ReplyDeleteLOVE
kbc
I don't know where they came from. They were still there yesterday, too! I guess some child just forgot them there?
ReplyDeleteAnd you can tune in to next week's Sunday Snapshot for the tour of my apartment.