I arrived around noon today on a beautiful summer day in the North
East of China. Last year, I didn't arrive until the very end of
September, so I didn't know how beautiful the campus would look at
this time of year! The trees are green, lots of flowers are blooming,
and the landscaping and road repairing that was going on when I left
has finished. Back in the residents area of campus, where I live,
many of the retired teachers were out playing card games, mahjong, or
just simply sitting and enjoying the summer breezes. As I walked
around campus this afternoon, running some errands, I kept my eyes
pealed for any student's I knew, but I sadly, I didn't see any. There
aren't many students around yet, but I expect they'll be arriving by
the end of the week.
I'm still trying to overcome the jet-lag, but on the bright side,
I'll be used to waking up early when classes start next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment