Thursday, June 24, 2010

COUNTDOWN

It's finals week! Here's what's going on for me:
222 final exams given. (Only one cheater!)
132 final exams to finish grading.
108 essays to read and grade.
73 poems to read and grade.
14 lesson plans to format for a portfolio.
9 forms of paperwork to finish up.
1 last team breakfast this morning.
1 big banquet with the dean today... 30 minutes from now.
1 dinner with one of my closest Chinese friends and her roommates on Friday.
1 big party making noodles with students/friends on Saturday.
1 last Sunday at Chinese fellowship.

And only a few more days until…
I am stateside for the summer! I fly out of China on June 30th at 7 PM and will arrive in the States 2 hours after I leave.

Here’s my tentative summer schedule:
• July 4th – 24th Wheaton, Illinois: I’ll be taking my second set of classes for a Master’s in Teaching English as Second Language and Intercultural Studies.
• July 24th-Early August: In the Maryland area to visit family and friends.
• Mid August: In the New Hampshire area to visit family and friends.
• Late August: Back to Maryland for one last visit and packing.
• August 22nd: Return to China for team leader training. Next fall I’ll be stepping into the role of team leader at my university.
• August 29th: Return to Harbin for the fall semester.

I’m looking forward to getting the chance to see many of you, to share with you more about this past year, and to hear about how your year has been as well :)

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like your 'finals list', Sarah.
    It's been a pleasure for me to keep you in my prayers this past year, thanking God for his special call on your life and career!
    God bless!
    Lorenna

    ReplyDelete