I made it to Harbin yesterday around 2:30 PM. It was a nice, short 2 hr flight from Beijing. My teammates (the other three American teachers at my university) met me at the airport along with a driver from the school and the man who takes care of our housing.
I sorta like being on jet-lag. I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning and was very productive rearranging my room and unpacking my suitcases, though I already broke something :( ... but it's fixable.
Today I'll be getting things for my apartment and settling in. Later tonight I get to go judge a speech competition with the other American teachers! We have no clue how to judge it, but it should be fun. I'm excited to meet some of the students here, too!
I'll post pictures of my place and the campus later when I get the internet on my own computer set up.
<3
glad to hear you are arrived safe and sound! i just got your card today in the mail, thank you! sounds like you are already having fun, enjoy the debate!
ReplyDeleteSo how was the contest? Sounds like you're having so much fun already - I'm jealous!
ReplyDeletewelcome! the next few months may be the toughest -- I trust He will guide you though! ur in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletean anecdote about the English speech contest: the topic was "1+1=2?"
ReplyDeleteluckily, I didn't have to judge ... probably a good thing since I had a lot of jet lag.