I think I figured out that I'm losing a day (most of the 24th at least) but I'm gaining a year! In China, when you're born, you are considered a one year old. Therefore, when I set foot in China, I will be one year older, but I will have lost a day in transit. My brain hurts when I think about it.
Here's a few photos of where I've been for the past month. Looks pleasant, but you can't stay outside too long or else you'll be baked in the 100 degree weather. It's made me look forward to fall in Harbin even more.

Mountains without trees! They look so bare!

This is actually what I've seen daily: the well-watered desert outside our hotel/home. And beautiful fruit trees by the side of the road!
... And coming soon: Photos from my new home in Harbin.

Thank you for posting pictures. Now I can visulize what you were looking at.
ReplyDelete