Friday, October 3, 2008

ALSO ABOUT NATIONAL DAY...

Last Saturday, the government of Heilongjiang province hosted a banquet for all the foreign workers and students in the province. I can't believe I forgot to post a story about this earlier! Here's a synopsis now:



The banquet was in one of the best (probably THE best) hotels in the city, you can see from the photos it was quite luxurious! One of the top three leaders of the Heilongjiang government gave a speech, which was also translated into English. The other American teachers from my school and I had arrived shortly before the speech, and we were standing fairly close to the platform, unaware that a speech was soon to be given. During the speech the cameras you see in this picture turned around and go our picture. ... So I may or may not have already been on Chinese TV! At the time, the other teachers and I thought to look in the local paper the next day... but sadly we forgot.



And since I know some of my readership is interested in what food I'm eating over here... here's a snapshot of the buffet! Just to clarify: this was only a one-time thing. Maybe it'll happen again next year? But who knows if my school will attend. They didn't last year, I guess I just lucked out this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment