
It's hard to find turkey in China ... so when some other teachers and I happened to spot 4 live turkeys near our favorite Korean restaurant, we asked the man who owned them if he'd sell one to us. He said they were his pets, but that he would sell. (I think he was really being a smart entrepreneur.)
We had to chop the turkey into pieces to fit it into our mini-ovens. Here's a picture of my team with the turkey re-assembled. (You can also see it on my blog.) Let's just say it was quite an adventure ... i'll post a full story when I get the chance!
I'm thankful for all of you, and for turkeys!
i just received your email and letter, thank you so much! it is great to see that you had such a lovely Thanksgiving, and to find a turkey in Harbin, awesome! you are in my thoughts, take care!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky duck! I can't believe you ate that man's pet! I wish I could have had some! Cause we're just getting some chickens (still a treat). and no cranberry sauce to be heard of... I'm going to chase the sweet potato vendors to get some to make a casserole... hopefully...
ReplyDeleteLOVE
Your Thanksgiving turkey looked like a good one - an amazing find. Hope all is well. Lina
ReplyDelete