Sunday, December 7, 2008

SUNDAY SNAPSHOT



Before Thanksgiving, I had one of my smaller classes (this class actually started at 30 something, but is now down to 8 because it is an ungraded course) over to my apartment to bake apple pie and apple turnovers.

Some reactions to apple pie: "It's so big!" "It's sort of like making a dumpling." (referring to the apple turnover) and of course... "Mmmmmmm."

And no, I have not forgotten about the turkey story yet. I don't think I'll be able to write it up until after the holidays though. These next two weeks are going to be a whirlwind of baking cookies, having parties with students, teaching, writing my finals and giving them. I'll be done with the majority of my classes on the 23rd, but I give one final on January 2nd.

I can't believe it's already December. Oh, and yah, it's cold here. Last Friday, the high temperature was 0 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 Celsius). Today it warmed up to 20, and it felt good. ... It's not even winter yet though. ... and I think the sun went down at 3:30 today. ... I sorta like the cold though, when you're wrapped up in layers and your down coat, you feel cozy. I'll post a picture soon of what I normally look like when I go outside.

2 comments:

  1. The students look like they are enjoying themselves. I'm sure they're thinking that they are glad they have stuck with the training course. After all their teacher makes apple pie for them!

    Love you!, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, THEY made the pie. They pealed the apples, mixed them with the sugar and spices, made the dough and rolled it out. I just told them the steps and demonstrated a bit.

    Sadly, many of them had exams last week, and there were only 4 in class! They're a great group though!

    ReplyDelete