I can hardly believe it's Christmas already! This past month has really flown by. I give my last exam today, yes, on Christmas Eve (but in the morning). And then aside from grading and paperwork next week, the semester will be finished.
But, the semester isn't over yet! There's about one week until students go home for their holiday.
The other teachers and I have planned to do a lot today (Christmas Eve) - host an Christmas Office Party for our colleagues in the English Department, deliver cookies to people on campus to spread the Christmas cheer, and have some student friends over for a party. And later this weekend, I'll have my 80 sophomore's over for Christmas Parties (in groups of 20 ... I hope they all fit!).
Amidst all this busyness that comes at the end of the semester and with planning many activities I am trying to remind myself that Christmas isn't about what we do for or give to other people, it's really about something that was given to us.
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty G, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isa. 9:6)
Wishing You A Very Merry Christmas!

Snapshot: Becky and I and some of the Office hour regulars after decorating a Christmas tree we found hidden in the back corner our office. How come I'm the only one with antlers?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment