This week, however, I am having a special class for my students in my Intercultural Communication class. I've invited some of my international friends from India, the Philippines, Kenya, and Canada to come and be interviewed by the students this Monday (it just finished as I'm writing this), Wednesday and Thursday. AND, I have the "go ahead" to have it at my apartment! ... at least I think I do.)
Earlier today I went to talk to Mr. Wang, our landlord, to ask him if I could have these 8 students and guests over for a class, but I found that Mr. Wang wasn't there. The door guard told me that Mr. Wang was in the hospital, and would be out in a week. I'm not sure exactly about the reason, but from what I understood, I think he's had a small stroke. The door guard then went on to say that it would be perfectly fine if I had a class over, as long as they leave by 10! They left at 8, so I think it was okay.
(Since I'm posting this a few months later I thought I should tell you that Mr. Wang is okay and seems completely recovered and that it was really okay to have the students over, in fact I had a lot of students over at the end of December ... which I'll tell you about in another post).
No comments:
Post a Comment