New foreign teacher! Last fall we were supposed to have 4 foreign English teachers, but one of the teachers had to leave suddenly for personal reasons just before the semester started, so we were down to 3. It was hard being one of only 3 teachers last semester. We we all a lot busier, and, it seemed like whenever the three of us wanted to get together just for fun, one of us was busy. We're back up to four teachers this semester, and after just a month, I can already sense a difference. Things are much improved!
Here we all are in front of the airport:
New course! This semester I'm teaching "Appreciation of British and American Poetry" to junior English majors. It's quite the challenge for me since not only am I planning most of the lessons on my own, but the last time I took an English poetry class was senior year of high school.
The lunch rush from the biggest classroom building:

New students! And because I'm teaching this new course, I have all new students. I'm sad not to be teaching the sophomore English majors, who I've taught for three semesters in a row, but there was not way to work the schedule where I could do both, and the head Chinese teacher in the English department asked me to teach poetry. I also am teaching "Intercultural Communication" to sophomore English 2nd majors (also new students for me, but not a new course - I taught it last semester for the first time to senior English majors.)
No comments:
Post a Comment